Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Anchor review!

Via Hypergeek.ca

"...The artwork on the book is by Brian Churilla and I have seen comparisons made to the work of both Mike Mignola and Eric Powell. I can definitely see how those comparisons could be made, but I think that Churilla has a very strong sense of style that is all his own. His art on this issue is quite marvelous, with his fantastic sense of composition, strong linework, and thick strong inks.

The Anchor #1 is one of the strongest series debuts that I have read this year. The Anchor is a fantastic addition to BOOM!’s line-up of original titles, and fits in perfectly with comics like Irredeemable, The Unknown and Unthinkable. The Anchor is fresh, unique, original and gripping! It’s a rare experience to be present at the birth of a classic new series, and reading The Anchor #1 felt very much like that. Phil Hester and Brian Churilla are a creative force to be reckoned with, and it feels like they have tons of great tales in store for The Anchor, and lots of interesting history set to explore. I just can’t wait to see where this story goes, and I can see this fast becoming one of my favourite comic series!"

So go buy it, kiddies!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home