Monday, December 20, 2010

The First Horror


I found this on the intranil. I have a distinct memory of being a young, impressionable 9-year-old, excitedly bounding through the entrance of a local video store and stumbling across this life-size TCM2 cardboard stand-up. I think I can trace my love of horror and the macabre back to this specific moment in time. It was the first graphic, horror-related imagery I'd seen, and I remember being simultaneously terrified and intrigued. I didn't see the movie until much later in life, but this memory has always stood out in my mind as to when it all started. Good times. As this person stated, "Now if I had $20 (plus $2.95 for shipping & handling) and the ability to travel to 1987 I'd be all set."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home